Where the Mountain Meets the Moon: A Musical Adaptation
Book, Music & Lyrics by Min Kahng
Based on the novel by Grace Lin
A commission by Bay Area Children's Theatre.
In this new musical adaptation of Grace Lin’s Newbery Honor Book, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, a spunky young girl in an ancient mythical China sets out on an adventure-filled quest to improve her family’s fortune, with help along the way from a friendly dragon.
For updates on Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, please sign up for my monthly newsletter!
- Feb-Mar 2014, World Premiere: Bay Area Children's Theatre at The Osher Studio in Berkeley, CA
- Nov 2013, Workshop & Staged Reading: Bay Area Children's Theatre at Studio A in Berkeley, CA
- Aug 2013, Developmental Workshop: Bay Area Children's Theatre at Studio A in Berkeley, CA
AWARDS & HONORS
- Winner of 3 Theatre Bay Area Awards: Direction - Mina Morita, Featured Actor - Sean Fenton, Ensemble
- Finalist for 7 Theatre Bay Area Awards: Overall Production of a Musical (Tier 2), Costume Design - Maggie Yule, Scenic Design - Martin Flynn, Lighting Design - Sean McStravick, Sound Design - Colin Trevor, Music Direction - Tania Johnson, & Lead Actor - Will Dao.
The cast recording for Where the Mountain Meets the Moon is now available through Bay Area Children's Theatre for a donation of $30 ($25 of which is tax-deductible). With your donation, not only will you get to re-experience the music from the show, but you'll be directly supporting the development of new work for young audiences and their families! To get your CD, send an e-mail to BACT's Development Director Derek Collard (firstname.lastname@example.org).