Book & Lyrics by Brad Erickson
Music & Lyrics by Min Kahng
Milt and Alice like to think of themselves as a spry, independent couple living a good life in Charleston, SC, but their adult children Brent and Julie are starting to see their parents' increasing need for assistance. With a country-music-infused score, Kinda Home explores how the pressures of elder care simultaneously draw the disparate family together and threaten to upturn their lives and tear them apart. This story sprang from the lived experience of Brad Erickson’s own parents.
Kinda Home is still in development. For updates on the next phase of progress for this project, please sign up for my monthly newsletter.
- July 2018, Developmental Reading: Playwrights Foundation in San Francisco, CA
- April 2018, TheatreWorks Writers Retreat in Redwood City, CA
- Jan 2018, Residency: Djerassi Winter Residency in Woodside, CA
- Dec 2014, Developmental Reading: New Conservatory Theatre Center in San Francisco, CA
- Apr 2014, Residency: Djerassi Resident Artists Program in Woodside, CA